TAKE ADVANTAGE OF JUMIA'S VALENTINE PROMO NOW!

Thursday 20 June 2013

AMAZING WORK OF AN ARTIST WHO MAKES PAINTING LOOK LIKE A REAL LIFE PHOTOGRAPH

Oil painter Claire Duguid, 32, from Edinburgh, has created paintings so real, they're unreal. The portraits are so incredibly realistic, they are easily mistaken for photographs. Claire says each portrait can take up to three months to make - painstakingly capturing every tiny detail of the subject's face and appearance.

Claire says she stops just short of hyper-realism to ensure that her work is visually stunning but continues to look like a painting and each piece can sell up to £6,000 (N1,560,000) depending on the client. Miss Duguid said: 'In some respects I am painting every individual hair but I don't call myself a photo-realist painter. 

Someday, I hope I can have her paint me. A girl can dream right? See more stunning portraits after the cut...






No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DROP YOUR COMMENTS