Marta Corey-Ochoa commited suicide last night by throwing herself off a dorm building at Columbia University. On her Facebook page, she proudly declared herself a member of the Class of 2016(graduating class) at Columbia University, her father’s alma mater but she never made it to the lecture halls of the ivy league college.
Just two hours after a meet-and-greet for freshmen at her dorm on
Monday night, she apparently jumped to her death from a 14th floor
window.
Police do not think her plunge was an accident, and a source said Corey-Ochoa had a history of psychiatric problems.
Corey-Ochoa’s parents were devastated by the
loss of their only child.
An only child, oh my God!! Can't imagine what they must be going through.
Wednesday, 29 August 2012
$5MILLION DONATION NOT GOING TO FAMILIES OF AURORA SHOOTING VICTIMS
ernor
Families of the Aurora shooting victims' families held a joint press conference in Denver on Tuesday to
voice their anger and demand "a robust voice" in the handling of money
given in their loved ones' names to Giving First and the Colorado
Organization for Victims Assistance (COVA).
The foundation has been collecting money from both private and corporate donors for victims caught in the Aurora theater. So far, more than $5 million has rolled in.
But instead of going to the victims and their families or to victims who are struggling to pay bills due to incapacitation resulting from injuries sustained from the shooting, the money has been doled out to non-profits and government agencies, said Teves, father of 24 year old Alex Teeves who lost his life in the shooting.
The fund was set up with the endorsement of the Governor of Colorado, John Hickenlooper, who has not directly answered victims' complaints, Teeves said.
![]() |
| Alex Teeves, one of the victims of the shooting. |
![]() |
| Mr & MrsTeeves |
The foundation has been collecting money from both private and corporate donors for victims caught in the Aurora theater. So far, more than $5 million has rolled in.
But instead of going to the victims and their families or to victims who are struggling to pay bills due to incapacitation resulting from injuries sustained from the shooting, the money has been doled out to non-profits and government agencies, said Teves, father of 24 year old Alex Teeves who lost his life in the shooting.
The fund was set up with the endorsement of the Governor of Colorado, John Hickenlooper, who has not directly answered victims' complaints, Teeves said.
Tuesday, 28 August 2012
OPRAH WINFREY TOPS FORBES HIGHEST PAID CELEBRITY LIST
TV mogul Oprah Winfrey has been named the world's highest paid celebrity after banking a whopping $ 165 million in the past year. She beat directors Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.
Filmmaker Bay scored second place with $ 160 million
thanks to the success of the latest "Transformers" movie which grossed
more than $ 1.1 billion worldwide. Spielberg is at the third position with $ 130 million, while Hollywood
producer Jerry Bruckheimer and rap mogul Dr Dre rounded out the top
five.
MICHELLE OBAMA'S FACE SUPERIMPOSED ON FAMOUS PAINTING OF A TOPLESS SLAVE BY SPANISH MAG
They photo shopped the first lady’s image onto ‘Portrait d’une nĂ©gresse,’ by French artist Marie-Guillemine Benoist, painted in 1800.The painting depicts a female French slave in a headdress and white gown, one breast exposed. This controversial move has left critics wondering if the image choice was more provocative than political.
“Let’s be clear: This image has nothing to do with acknowledging Obama’s enslaved fore mothers, and everything to do with reinforcing and extending the historical denial of black women’s individuality and agency,” says the writer, Althea Legal-Miller.
The White House said it had no immediate comment on the issue.
I think it's just in bad taste.
WHY DAVIDO COULDN'T PERFORM AT D'BANJ'S UK CONCERT
The Dami Duro
crooner couldn't perform on Monday at D'banj's UK show because he wasn't granted the required work permit by
the British Embassy.
“I regret to let you know that I will not be performing along side my most respected big brother and friend D’BANJ at the scheduled show of August 27, 2012 in London,” his statement read.
“I am both a Nigerian citizen, as well as an American citizen, I carry both the Nigerian and the American passports. As an American citizen, I do not require a visa to enter the United Kingdom, however I require a work permit in the UK for any paid performance such as the scheduled August 27, 2012 in London, that is the law in the United Kingdom.
“I regret to let you know that I will not be performing along side my most respected big brother and friend D’BANJ at the scheduled show of August 27, 2012 in London,” his statement read.
“I am both a Nigerian citizen, as well as an American citizen, I carry both the Nigerian and the American passports. As an American citizen, I do not require a visa to enter the United Kingdom, however I require a work permit in the UK for any paid performance such as the scheduled August 27, 2012 in London, that is the law in the United Kingdom.
PREGNANT LADY BARES ALL AT THE NOTTING HILL CARNIVAL
This picture was taken today at the Notting Hill Carnival. Don't know what to make of this. Couldn't she have just waited for next year's carnival when she would have been 'relieved of her duties'? Heehehehe.
DEBATE OVER CHRISTINA ANGUILERA'S BODY
The picture on the left is from Christina Aguilera's upcoming video for her tune "Your Body" shot last week while the picture on the right is from the recent ad campaign she participated in for the upcoming season of the reality singing competition series "The Voice," where she serves as a mentor. She looks trim in the promo photo which had some wondering if she was perhaps a little too trim. Many across the web believe the pic has been digitally altered while some believe it's the way she posed + the dress pattern.
What do you think? Do you think its been retouched?
SYLVESTER STALLON LOSES ANOTHER LOVED ONE
Just six weeks after unexpectedly losing his 36-year-old son, Sage, the actor
has lost his only sister. Toni Ann Filiti, his 48-year-old half-sister , succumbed to lung cancer on Sunday. She
died at their mother Jackie Stallone’s Santa Monica home after choosing
to leave UCLA hospital. "I was holding her in my arms,” Jackie, 90, told the New York Daily Times.
“I had just washed her face and told her how pretty she looked, and
she just fell asleep. She’s too young to go, but she wasn’t feeling
any pain.”
Jackie personally broke the news of Toni’s
death to her famous son who said he can’t take any more pain but will always be there for her son.
On July 13, the actor’s son Sage Moonblood Stallone was found dead in
his Studio City, California, apartment. Authorities said there were no
signs of foul play, but there were reportedly numerous pill bottles
nearby. Sasha Czack, Sage’s mother and Sly’s first wife, said Sage was
in pain after dental surgery. A toxicology report is pending.
What a
terrible month, first Sage and now Toni.
ROBINHO RULED OUT FOR A MONTH DUE TO THIGH INJURY
AC Millan have been dealt a blow with the confirmation that Robinho faces up to a month on the sidelines with a thigh injury. The Brazilian forward had a muscle complaint in the opening defeat to Sampdoria in Serie A on Sunday.
The forward was replaced by Urby Emanuelson towards the end of his side's 1-0 reverse to Sampdoria on Sunday, in the opening weekend of the new Serie A season.
A statement on the Rossoneri's official website has revealed the 28-year-old suffered a strain to his right thigh, and is expected to return within the next four weeks, barring any complications.
The forward was replaced by Urby Emanuelson towards the end of his side's 1-0 reverse to Sampdoria on Sunday, in the opening weekend of the new Serie A season.
A statement on the Rossoneri's official website has revealed the 28-year-old suffered a strain to his right thigh, and is expected to return within the next four weeks, barring any complications.
THREE MONTH OLD BABY STOLEN IN CHURCH
A three-month old baby (not the baby pictured above) has allegedly been stolen by an unknown woman during a church service at St. Theresa's Church, Anyiin, Logo Local Government Area of Benue State. The incident took place during the church service when an unknown woman, who stood at the entrance of the church approached the mother of the stolen baby, Mrs Mbatumun Oseh, and offered to help her hold the baby to avoid being pushed down by crowd at the church.
According to the source, Mrs Oseh obliged her and thereafter the strange woman also offered to sit at the back to avoid distracting members while the baby's mother sat in front. Mrs Oseh however, detailed one of her children to sit close to the woman while the service went on. However, the woman sent the child to a nearby shop to buy her sachet (pure) water, but before the girl came back, the woman had disappeared with the baby.
This is really sad. I hope they find the baby. But leaving your baby with a stranger?
FASHION FACE OFF: DEMI LOVATO VS JORDIN SPARKS
Monday, 27 August 2012
FACES OF ALLEGED MURDERERS OF CYNTHIA OSOKOGU
WHAT THE .....!!! KATTY PERRY TURNS DOWN $20MILLION AMERICAN IDOL JUDGING OFFER.
The pop star, 27, turned down the $20million offer made by the the show's producers who were so
eager to have her join the judging panel for a year-long contract. The execs have continued their search to replace Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler and Randy Jackson
(who will vacate his seat on the panel and instead serve as a mentor
during the upcoming season). A number of other names have been bandied
about as possible Idol additions, including Nicki Minaj, Pharrell Williams, Keith Urban and Nick Jonas, though none at this point have been confirmed.
In late July, Mariah Carey officially signed on to
judge, accepting an $18 million payday making her the highest-paid
judge on any music competition show.I need to get my ass to Hollywood faaaassssttttt.
OMG!!! 17 AFGHANS BEHEADED FOR DANCING.
17 civilians were beheaded on Monday in a Taliban-controlled area of southern Afghanistan because they attended a dance party that flouted the extreme brand of Islam embraced by the militants. The victims were part of a large group that had gathered late Sunday in Helmand province's Musa Qala district for a celebration involving music and dancing. The Taliban slaughtered them to show their disapproval of the event.
The Taliban ruled the country from 1996 to 2001 and under them all music and film was banned as un-Islamic, and women were barred from leaving their homes without a male family member as an escort.
This is outrageous and inhumane. Losing your life for dancing? Really?
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)


















