Saturday, 16 November 2013


This is the touching story of a young man's devastating experience with armed robbers, an experience that left him fighting for his life. Read below;

Share my testimony.

Ok, so it’s been a year since I was attacked by armed robbers and shot In the face, and I really want to tell it, as much as it may hurt.
It was a dinner party and award night organized in my University. Being one of the foremost artist in the state I was nominated, so I had to grace the event. To God’s glory I won the award for Best Music Artiste. After performing, taking pictures and exchanging pleasantries I opted to leave. This was because my final degree exams were just a week from that time. And I didn’t see myself partying when I had such important exams, besides my house was a stone throw away. I left alongside my friend, a musician called “Nero” his girlfriend and also another friend “princess” who needed to sleep as well. Nero and his girlfriend took their route home and i went my way. I remember not long after, princess and i were talking about churches and pastors. At this point we were in front of St. Joseph the worker Catholic church, Awka (right opposite the blessed sacrament) when it happened.

*warning* graphic content below

I looked back and saw a bike pulling up towards us. It carried three men; the rider and two passengers. The last one dropped and speedily approached us pointing a shot gun. He growled two words at me. “The phone”. My phone was in the right pocket of my shorts. I pulled it out and gave it to him immediately, I still remember seeing the man force down a laugh at the speed at which I handed the phone over. He looks at the girl and sees that  she was wearing a dinner gown and had her shoes in her hands, so i guess he could tell she wasn’t with anything else. He quickly got on the bike and they reversed and left. Not to far from me again they stopped and another one came down; this one was fair and tall, clad in a yellow shirt and black jeans. I did not see his face properly. He started walking towards us.

The one who had robbed me called out to him. “Guy wetin happen, make we dey go na, ka anyi wa here!”
But he kept coming and the others zoomed off. At that same time a popular comedian in Awka, a good  friend, Limo, drove into the street with some other guys in the car. 

The thief stopped walking but did not go back. Limo, recognized me and stopped immediately. Asking me why I was there and I told him I had just been robbed. From there all I could remember was looking at the thief and seeing a flash of white light. A sound echoed in the street and as I was wondering what made the sound, I felt drenched in water down to my feet…but as I looked down I notice that It wasn’t water but blood, the blood was hot, half of my face was hanging open and the pain that followed was excruciating. I can’t even begin to explain it.

But I didn’t fall, nor did I die, not even go unconscious. God, stood in my place. God showed me his face, his LOVE!

Next thing I know it was raining blood. The thief had run into a pathway that made it impossible for the car to chase him. I began to chase after the car calling for help. I could hear someone telling him to drive faster, but he told them “na my guy be dis, I no fit leave am”.

God bless his soul he stopped. My face was shattered and I was losing a lot of blood. I begged to be taken to a hospital, but I could hear their shock at the sight of all that blood. Finally with my direction; (and trust me, I HAVE NO IDEA HOW I WAS ALIVE TO BE DOING ALL THAT, IT WAS GOD) Limo started towards the hospital. On the way one of his back tires burst for no reason at all. Luckily there was another student party at a hotel close by. He stopped there. I begged that we should continue because the hospital was close by but Limo said that driving like that was very risky. They pulled me out of the car and lay me in front of the hotel, Sun City hotel, Awka. There was a bus there but when they asked the driver for help, he said the bus was bad, but as they ran Into the hotel to get help, the man drove off.

I was there on the floor for a while, I was getting weaker but wouldn’t give in to sleep. I watched as the blood from my face and head soaked the grass as it had soaked me already. My watch was In the blood and I could see the time read.
When I close my eyes I can still see the watch count that time. I only thought of three things then. My mother and siblings. And how I would never put a smile on their faces again. My music, I would never get to make music the world would listen to and love.
And the clouds, I would miss them if I died, they are beautiful. God’s artistry.

Then they came. The students there had had to force a driver to help and so I was taken to Regina Caeli hospital Awka. When we arrived. The nurses asked for the sum of #1500. After it was paid they said it was for card. And requested #10000 plus police report. The students didn’t have up to that and so they left me there for death I guess.

I could hear the nurses discussing about the soups they had prepared the other night while I lay there, losing blood. By then I had given the people around my sisters’ number. They had called and soon after contacts had been made, the anti cult of both Unizik and ANSU had showed up alongside the police. 

The money was paid and report given since they all confirmed that I was not a cultist. But all the hospital staff did was take an xray and wrapped my face in bandages. By this time I realized that I couldn’t breath anymore, because my nostril had burst and breathing meant taking in bad blood into my mouth and system. 
The x-ray showed that the shot gun bullet which consisted of an average of 40 pellets all got into my face. One made it to my brain through my right eye. But I was there, alive. It was impossible. God’s mercy was overwhelming, God loves me! 

4 hours later I was still losing blood. The hospital finally said I should be transferred to Nnewi because the case was complicated for them. By 8:00 am or so they moved me to NAUTH Nnewi. But on getting there I was forgotten in the ward due to the numerous patients. Finally with some contacts they came to attend to me. I was still losing blood by now, almost 8 hours. They came and finally stopped the bleeding partially. But said I had to be moved to Onitsha because of the eye had been injured and this left an open wound to the brain. On the way to Onitsha, (I was taken their by my university’s dean of students affairs) I vomited blood for almost three minutes. It had gone into my system by way of my shattered nostril. It was until I got to Guinness hospital Onitsha  that I got any real treatments. By then I had been in pain and loss of blood for over 10 hours. But to the Grace of God I was getting stronger, nobody could believe it. Neither could i. But when God works men marvels. I got treated and had 2 major surgeries the following day. 

From the hospital bed I wondered how I had ever offended anybody in my life. I wasn’t a cultist. I had never had girl issues with anybody. No fights. Or did the guy just decide to shoot me for fun?  I wished I had chosen to grind and party instead of going home to read. But I knew better. God had a plan for me. The professor that operated on me said my case was like that of a Tv that was still working even when there was no power supply. Six days later by the grace of God and against doctors advice I decided to go write my degree exams. The bullets, 36 were still in my face, I could not open my mouth or eat. But in few days God worked wonders.

I showed up for my exams and wrote them and passed real fine amidst all the rumours going around. I graduated. 

My birthday was the week after this.


  1. Dis guy is a testimony. Whoever knows him shud tell him 2 ansa 2 d call of GOD in his life. GOD has a reason 4 keeping him alive,he's goin 2 b used mightily. He shud Change his type of music 4rm wateva it is 2gospel.

  2. This just made me break down and cry. There's something i'm never gonna understand.. how insensitive we humans are! I'm so overwhelmed with happiness that he made it. Nothing compares to God!!!

  3. This just made me break down and cry. There's something i'm never gonna understand.. how insensitive we humans are! I'm so overwhelmed with happiness that he made it. Nothing compares to God!!!

  4. This is a true testimony!! Nothing can convince me otherwise that God didn't keep him alive for a purpose. Unbelievable! People have died for far less injuries. God is faithful!