TAKE ADVANTAGE OF JUMIA'S VALENTINE PROMO NOW!

Wednesday 15 May 2013

KING SUNNY ADE'S GUITARIST JAILED FOR 3 YEARS

The 62-year-old Abiodun Fatokun, who was a guitarist with King Sunny Ade for about 30 years, was on Tuesday, sentenced to 3 years imprisonment for drug trafficking by the Federal High Court, Lagos. The husband of three wives and father of 12, pleaded guilty to one count of unlawful exportation of 1.575kg of cocaine during his arraignment on February 26, 2013.

Abiodun was apprehended by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency on January 1, 2013, at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos, while attempting to board an Air France flight to Italy with two parcels of cocaine weighing 1.575kg hidden in the false bottom of his luggage.

Abiodun had blamed poverty for his predicament saying, “I can play any kind of guitar but my music career is a sad story. I played for King Sunny Ade for 30 years before I was unceremoniously retired in 2007 without severance benefit. I was unprepared for it and I saw the bitter side of life. This is my first time of trafficking drugs. I did it out of frustration because at my age, I could not provide for my family. I am ashamed of myself.”

He had no money but managed to marry 3 wives and father 12 children? SMH. Some people just like to bring poverty upon themselves. *hiss*.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DROP YOUR COMMENTS