TAKE ADVANTAGE OF JUMIA'S VALENTINE PROMO NOW!

Wednesday 9 October 2013

WHAT ARE WE TURNING INTO? HIT & RUN VICTIM DIES AS PASSERS BY REFUSED TO HELP BUT STOLE HIS ATM CARD


Nigerians seriously need to start appreciating how precious and priceless life is, and once it is taken away, it can never be returned that. A young man, identified as Oluwayemi Oguntimehin, was on Tuesday killed after he was crushed by a hit-and-run driver, around 7am, along the Mafoluku/Ibadan Express-way, Lagos.

According to an eyewitness, Ilesanmi Olabode, who was on his way to his office when the accident occurred, the deceased, who sustained head injuries and fractured limbs would have survived the accident if he had been taken to a hospital immediately. 

Olabode said, “It was around 7am when I was going to my office. I just saw that the guy, while trying to cross the expressway, was hit by the car. I quickly rushed there and with the support of some other people, we carried him to the Mafoluku/Gbagada bus stop. I saw that he was still alive but all the vehicles we tried to flag down to help us take him to the Gbagada General Hospital refused to stop, including a Lagos State Emergency bus.”

According to him, a tricycle however stopped, but because there were not enough people to support, the victim was left to die. He said he handed over the victim to an official of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, who promised to call his colleagues to evacuate him.

“But to my surprise, when I came back to check, I saw that Oguntimehin was still on the road and was now dead. One of his two ATM cards, which I saw on him, was missing. I believed it had been stolen,” he said.
The General Secretary, Council of Oworonsoki Youth Forum, Mr. Kabiawu Babajide, told our correspondent that Oguntimehin was identified through his UBA ATM card. 

Such a senseless and avoidable death. That's someone's son, brother, husband, or father and people just refused to help? SMH. I tire for Nigerians; they are quick to mete out justice and kill, but slow to save a life. See the photo of the deceased after the cut but viewer discretion is advised...



3 comments:

PLEASE DROP YOUR COMMENTS