TAKE ADVANTAGE OF JUMIA'S VALENTINE PROMO NOW!

Friday 9 August 2013

SHOP ATTENDANT REFUSED TO SHOW OPRAH WINFREY A $38,000 HANDBAG BECAUSE SHE THOUGHT SHE COULDN'T AFFORD IT

                                    Oprah Winfery and the $38,000 crocodile skin 'Jennifer Anisten' handbag               

Very funny thing. Billionare U.S Talk Show Host, Oprah Winfrey, was in Switzerland for Tina Turner's wedding earlier this month, and she decided to go shopping in a top store in Switzerland. She spotted a bag in the store and told the shop assistant that she wanted to look at the $38,000 handbag but the shop assistant refused to show it to her saying she wouldn't be able to afford it. According to Oprah, the incident taught her racism was still an issue - even when you are a world-famous celebrity. She told Entertainment Tonight: 

'I was in Zurich the other day, in a store whose name I will not mention. I didn't have my eyelashes on, but I was in full Oprah Winfrey gear. I had my little Donna Karan skirt and my little sandals. But obviously 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' is not shown in Zurich. 'I go into a store and I say to the woman, 'Excuse me, could I see the bag right above your head?' and she says to me, 'No. It's too expensive.'' 

The saleswoman then told her to look at cheaper bags. 'I left the store but it proves that racism is still an issue. There's two different ways to handle it.  I could've had the whole blow-up thing... but racism still exists, of course it does.'

The incident took place in the chic Trois Pommes store and the owner of the store, Trudie Götz, and the whole of Switzerland have since apologized to Oprah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DROP YOUR COMMENTS