TAKE ADVANTAGE OF JUMIA'S VALENTINE PROMO NOW!

Saturday 29 June 2013

NDLEA TO INVESTIGATE TONTO DIKE'S USE OF DRUGS, AS SHE REACTS TO WEED PHOTOS FROM HER INSTAGRAM

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency on Friday reacted to the photos of weed that Tonto Dikeh posted on her Instagram on Friday, saying she risks a minimum of 15 years in jail for encouraging the consumption of hemp and they will be investigating the matter. A rep of NDLEA said, 'Our attention has been drawn to the post quite frankly and I can tell you that action will be taken on it. The law is clear and NDLEA has been very clear on the issue. No one is permitted to sell, use, cultivate or encourage the use of Indian hemp in Nigeria. The weed is one of the banned narcotics in the country.'

Tonto Dike's team is trying to do damage control. See the statement she released explaining her actions below;

"As much as I would like to ignore the current issue on hemp, I think I owe well-meaning people some clarification. It is so easy the misconception that can come from a picture- the genius of technology. If you cannot find me holding a wrap of marijuana then you may want to slow down on your assumptions. We shouldn’t use our platforms to spread half-truths.

Continue...

A fan wrote those words with herbs on my birthday on instagram, and I replied: “Thank you #teampoko”. Now how does someone else’s action become my crime? If I said those words ('Mi smoke gaja mi smoke weed while my hatez smoke ma gossip' ) I will stand by them but I didn’t, and just because it is convenient for people to believe the lies still doesn’t make it the truth. The whole thing is falsified by people who just love to have fun at others expense.

Let’s put some thought to some of the things we write. Don’t do cut-and-paste. The original pictures are there to see; but no! That is too boring to be the truth. We want the truth to be nasty and spicy for our enjoyment, even if it is a pack of lies. Visit my instagram page and see if the original picture is the same as the ones being circulated

Personally, I have moved on to more significant things and I want you to join me. Do you know how many women suffer domestic violence in Nigeria? What can be done to stop it? Shouldn’t we try to revive the Nigerian homes so we can groom happy and confident children? I am putting the weight of my voice behind domestic violence. What about you?

Stop hitting, slapping, cursing, hurting your partner! Where is the love? Let’s restore the dignity of society with the platform given to us by God. Use that platform of yours to build awareness for more important issues." - Tonto Dikeh

3 comments:

  1. hahahahahahahahah....... I wonder what School she finished from?? This girl is just demented.
    If she gets persecuted by NDLEA that'll be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lololol. Someone please take a look at the reflection on the shades and tell me that's not Tonto taking a pishur of her ganja.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nekosi, you are very observant. I think that's her 'doing it' o. lol.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE DROP YOUR COMMENTS