TAKE ADVANTAGE OF JUMIA'S VALENTINE PROMO NOW!

Saturday 15 June 2013

LADIES, LET'S TALK: HOW LONG BEFORE YOU WALK AWAY FROM A STATIC RELATIONSHIP?

I have heard and seen stories of ladies who stay in a relationship with a guy for 9, 10, and more years without any sign that their partner would ever propose. While I am in total support of a long courtship (I dated my husband for 4 years) because I believe time really proves character, I don't know when long is actually long enough.

I had a family friend who dated this guy for 9 years, doing all the cooking, washing his clothes and, sometimes, that of his mother and siblings, when ever she visits him. Along the line, another lady had a child for him. His family pleaded with her and her family and she forgave him. Eventually, after 9 years of courtship, his mother refused to allow him marry her, insisting he marries the mother of his child. They broke up. She met another guy and within 6 months, they got married and now they live abroad with their two kids. I can give you several other real life examples and I'm sure you know someone who has gone through something similar.

So I ask, how long is long enough before you walk away from a static relationship?

1 comment:

  1. I think it depends on what you are looking to get our of the relationship. IF you're looking to get hitched, I strongly believe that 2 years is more than enough time to know if that's where you guys are headed. If after 2 yrs 6 months, You are in the exact same place you should walk away.
    If what you're looking to get nothing serious, you can be in it for as long as you want.
    I don't believe in playing wife to the guy when he hasn't made you wife. The fact that a guy calls you "wife material" doesn't mean he's going to put a ring on it.
    Why waste 9 years on some guy cos he has introduced you to his family?? I'm glad her story has a happy ending tho.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE DROP YOUR COMMENTS