TAKE ADVANTAGE OF JUMIA'S VALENTINE PROMO NOW!

Tuesday 25 June 2013

I FOUND ANOTHER YUMMY WAY TO USE MY COFEE: MY 20MINS MOCHA/COFFEE COOKIE

I remember growing up, my mum, a caterer, used to make treats for us every weekend; meat pie, breadfruit, cookies, cakes etc. We all used to look forward to weekends with such great anticipation. So, I've been making some home-made deserts for my family, especially my little girl, and I decided that whenever I make such easy-to-make treats, I'll share it here. Watch this space, some yummy do-it-yourself deserts coming your way.
So, to my treat for today, 'My mocha/coffee'. I don't conform to any particular way of making my treats. I like to 'customize' my deserts, you know, like my little signature. So, I came up with this yummy way of using my coffee, which I hardly drink. If you have a little time on your hands this week, treat yourself to one. It isn't too sweet and I like the 'cappuccino' smell. It takes less than 20mins. Enjoy.

Continue...
Mixing time- 8mins
Baking time- 12-15mins

Ingredients;
2/3 cup Butter
1 cup Sugar
Cocoa powder
2Eggs
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/3 tablespoon coffee (dissolved in 2 tablespoon hot water)
Milk (optional)
1 spoon vanilla flavour
2cups flour 
1/2 tablespoon salt

Note: You can substitute sugar for original honey. Also, if you want to split your butter/sugar mix to make two different types of cookies, note that mocha cookie dough requires a little more sugar/honey than the same amount of ordinary cookie dough, because coffee neutralizes sugar/honey.

Directions;
Preheat oven, lightly grease cooking pan, or use parchment paper.
Cream butter and sugar together in mixing bowl, mix until fluffy.

In a separate bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt together.

Mix coffee with two tablespoons of water, add milk (optional). Mix eggs, vanilla, and coffee into butter/sugar mixture, one at a time, mix until incorporated, scrape sides of bowl.

Mix in dry ingredients, a little at a time. Mix until well incorporated. Scoop on cookie sheet, spacing them to avoid sticking together. Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes on low. Check on it every 5 minutes to prevent burning. 

Leave out to cool. Sit back and enjoy you yummy mocha cookies. Kids will love this with a glass of warm milk.

2 comments:

  1. I love, love baking. It looks pretty straight forward and I have leftover flour. Will definitely try it this weekend. Hope it tastes as good as it sounds *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, hi dear. I love the smell of coffee, and in a cookie, hmm, it's good. Just make sure you don't use too much coffee. And note, coffee neutralizes the taste of sugar, so mocha cookie dough would require a little more sugar/honey that the same amount of ordinary cookie dough. I need to update this in my post. You can substitute sugar for honey. Pls do give feed back when you've tried it. Much love dear.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE DROP YOUR COMMENTS