TAKE ADVANTAGE OF JUMIA'S VALENTINE PROMO NOW!

Friday 28 June 2013

HOW DO I GET MY MOTHER-IN-LAW OUT OF MY HOUSE?

Dear RDB readers,

I’ve been in a relationship with a wonderful man for 7 years. We’re secondary school sweethearts. He’s everything I want in a man. He’s a hard worker, great provider, excellent lover and the list goes on and on.  We recently got married and not long after, I got pregnant.

Life seemed to be perfect until his mother moved in with us, at first to help me before the baby arrived and after. 2 years after I had my baby, my mother-in-law has refused to move out. I discussed this with my husband and he says she will leave soon and is just reluctant to go back to the village where she stays alone. I don't want to be seen as a bad wife who is not sensitive to her mother-in-law's plight but I want her out of my house.  

Continue...

She is making my life a living hell. She complains about too many things; how I waste too much food, my cooking, my parenting skills, my outfits to work, it's frustrating. I love my husband with all of my heart and I would hate to lose him or our marriage over his mother’s pettiness, but at this point I feel like I can’t take much more. He tries to defend me, but his mother makes him feel as if he has to choose between me and her. 

I would never want to be the cause of my husband having an estranged relationship with his mother, but I’d rather not deal with all the extra, unneeded drama. He and I don’t have any other problems, which is why I want to fight for my marriage. What should I do?

Loyal RDB reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DROP YOUR COMMENTS