TAKE ADVANTAGE OF JUMIA'S VALENTINE PROMO NOW!

Friday 24 May 2013

FASHION DESK: 6 WAYS TO REINVENT YOUR MAXI SKIRT

As much as I love maxi skirts, all I could really think of wearing it with is a tank top but sometimes that just looks too plain or too casual. So, decided to be more creative using other items I have in my closet and I came up with some really cute ways wear my maxi skirt, while looking chic, stylish and not too casual. I Here are some of the fun ways of wearing a maxi skirt, enjoy.

Note: When wearing a maxi skirt, balance is important. If you opt for a flowy or pleated maxi, make sure to keep your top is fitted or not too flowy or loose and vice versa.
Maxi skirt with a tank top/plain tee and a leather jacket;  I totally love this look, it gives off that edgy and chic look. The colors don't have to be matchy matchy, color blocking like this would look absolutely fab!

Guys, I'm going to try and make this segment a daily feature. Pls feel free to send your fashion styles and tips to me. I will share it here so others can learn from you too. Continue to see more fabulous ways to wear a maxi skirt...

Maxi skirt with a crop top; do you have killer abs? This is another to show it off with a crop top. It looks sexy and feminine with a maxi skirt. Great look. Warning: do not attempt to wear this look if you have tummy fat or a bulging tummy.


Fitted Maxi skirt with a loose/drape top;the trick to successfully pulling this look off if you're tucking in is to pull the blouse/top out a little so part of it folds and falls on the dress like in the first outfits here.

Denim Jacket with a maxi skirt; classic look!

Wear a maxi skirt as a dress; The best thing about a maxi skirt with an elastic waistband, is that it can double as a dress! All you need to do to define a waistline add shape to it is to wear a belt around the middle.

Mix patterns; don’t be afraid to match your maxi skirt with other patterns; polka dots, stripes, geometric, etc. But take not, if the maxi skirt is patterned, then the top/blouse should be plain and vice versa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DROP YOUR COMMENTS