TAKE ADVANTAGE OF JUMIA'S VALENTINE PROMO NOW!

Monday 12 November 2012

POLICEMEN SHOOT BANKER, SECURITY GUARD WHO WERE ROBBED

Femi Badejo
On Saturday, armed robbers attacked the home of an employee of Access Bank Plc, Mr. Femi Badejo,  in Ikota area of Lagos around 4am and one of the neighbors made a distress call to the police but by the time the policemen arrived about an hour later, the robbers had fled. Badejo and his neighbours were in the compound discussing what had transpired and counting their losses when the policemen stormed the building and started shooting sporadically without asking questions.

 Badejo, who was robbed of his clothes, money, phones and other valuables was hit five times by the police. His security guard, Joshua Moses, was shot in the pelvis and in the back but the bullet pierced through his chest and he is currently in a critical condition in the hospital. 

"I immediately took cover under a car but the policeman came to where I was and started shooting at me. Another policeman came behind me and shot. The first shot came through my feet and fractured my leg. Two shots grazed my thighs. Another shot went through my biceps and came out, while one went through my wrist." Badejo said. It took the intervention of the other neighbours as well as the Divisional Police Officer of the station to prevent him from being killed.

Imagine not being harmed by the armed robbers but the police meant to protect. Such height of unprofessionalism in the Nigeria Police Force. What kind of training do they get?

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DROP YOUR COMMENTS