TAKE ADVANTAGE OF JUMIA'S VALENTINE PROMO NOW!

Wednesday 19 September 2012

DON'T FORCE N5,000 NOTE ON NIGERIANS- NATIONAL ASSEMBLY

During the Senate session which held yesterday, the chamber rose in unison asking President Goodluck Jonathan to stay action on the introduction of the N5,000 note. Read the statement made by the President of the Senate, David Mark,:

 “Let me also quickly join that I also heard it from the news the way you heard it. I was not briefed. The only briefing I had about this issue was in the national dailies. The important thing is that if Nigerians say they don’t want a particular policy at any given moment, there is no harm in government retracing their stand on the issue and I think that is the situation that we find ourselves. I have listened to the arguments from those who support it but those arguments are simply not convincing. They appear to me to be highly theoretical and technical in nature and they do not address any practical issue on ground.

“Any policy that does not address issues directly but just talking about indices we cannot verify for now should wait. We have not reached that level where we are just talking of hypothetical cases all the time. I think the disadvantages of the N5,000 note at the moment far outweigh not introducing it and on balance, we should not go for it.”

Well said. If Nigerians don't want it, why force it on us? We still do run a democratic system, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DROP YOUR COMMENTS